Data quality is very important for us. Therefore, our moderation team is investing additional time to determine false-positives and potential duplicates.
In rare occasions a duplicate is added to the database. As soon as we are aware of this, we initiate the following process:
- Identify parent entry. This is usually the first entry that got added to the database.
- Merge the data of the new duplicate into the existing original.
- Flag the duplicate as such.
- The duplicate is hidden in all overview lists on the web site (e.g. recent, archive, search)
- Accessing the duplicate will enforce an HTTP redirect to the original entry
- Accessing the duplicate with via API shows the obsolete duplicate entry data which contains the additional data field
entry_replacedby(this is the indicator that this is a duplicate that got merged)
- Accessing the original entry with via API shows the correct entry data which might also contain the data field
entry_replacesfor backlinking purposes
Interested in the pricing of exploits?
See the underground prices here!